MASKS STILL REQUIRED INSIDE THE LIBRARY
Governor Sununu has decided to let the mask mandate expire as of 4/16/2021, and you may be wondering how that decision will impact us.
We will still require masks, until such time as the Library Board of Trustees feels it is safe to change that requirement.
- The Library Board of Trustees retains authority over the library building and all policies, per state RSA. In other words, local control is permitted.
- As an employer, the Library Board of Trustees is bound by law to provide a safe work environment for our staff, and Covid-19 is an established threat to the health and safety of our staff and the public.
- Many members of the public, including our community's children, are not eligible for the vaccine, and we are committed to providing a safe public space for our community.
- Many of our services do not allow for social distancing so masks are an easy way to allow us to continue to provide service. This includes both in-library services and outdoor programming where we may not be able to maintain social distance.
- We are happy to provide curbside service for anyone requiring a medical accommodation. Please speak to the Library Director if you require an accommodation.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this or any policy, please feel free to contact Deb Hoadley, Library Director at 603-476-2504.
CONTRACTED MAINTENANCE PERSON WANTED
The Moultonborough Public Library is seeking a Maintenance Person. This person will be a independent Contractor, and must carry the necessary insurance coverage. For the full description of what is expected, please click here.
LIFTING LIBRARY RESTRICTIONS
(Getting back to some kind of normal)
We are happy to announce that we are lifting some of our previous restrictions!
- We can safely have up to 50% capacity of people allowed in the building (per Governor's order). No more "tokens" -just come in!
- Computer usage is now up to 3 hours per session.
- We are allowing people to sit at the tables and chairs and read, study or work without a time limit.
- We are still booking 3 of our quieter study rooms for people for up to 3 hours a booking.
- We are still offering Lobby Pick-up for those who want to pick up their items and not come into the building. We know this is important to a lot of our patrons, and we plan on continuing this service in the future.
We still require patrons coming into the building to:
- Wear a mask
- Use hand sanitizer before entering
- Maintain social distancing of 6'